Poverty has a woman’s face. Across the world and across the street it’s women and girls who suffer the most.
At Rising International we believe ending world poverty begins at home. We enable women in America who are surviving extreme poverty, gender-based violence, homelessness, and human trafficking to connect with other survivors around the globe. Through the power of entrepreneurship, they help each other to rise.
In 2002, we became the first non-profit organization to revolutionize the home party business model by using it to alleviate extreme poverty, both locally and globally. Think Avon or Tupperware for a social cause.
We find the world’s most forgotten women, and enable them to join the global economy by selling their handmade boutique-quality products online and at Rising Home Parties.
We train women and teens in America, many economically vulnerable, to be Rising Representatives who run their own Rising businesses, and sell products made by their global sisters. We search the U.S. for party hosts who invite friends to their homes to shop. Our model empowers both local and global entrepreneurs to rise together.
Rising International Aims To End Extreme Poverty
Our goal is to support women living where it’s the hardest to be alive as a woman. Many of our women live in refugee camps, are homeless, displaced immigrants, former slaves, or live in war-torn regions of the world. These mothers and daughters call out to us, and we must answer. By selling their handmade crafts and sharing their life stories, they reach out to the rest of the world, not for charity, but for a chance.
Rising Currently Supports Businesses Owned by Women in Over 20 of The Poorest Countries in The World
Crafts are purchased directly from the artisans, with the assistance of international aid agencies and NGOs. Rising has aligned with various organizations such as CARE International, The United States Peace Corps, and the UN High Commission on Refugees, in order to directly support women’s crafts groups in countries such as Afghanistan, Chad, and D.R. Congo. These crafts are then sold through Rising Fair Trade Parties which are designed after the popular and successful home party model used by companies like Avon, Pampered Chef, and Tupperware. By hosting a Rising International home party, you can help impoverished women all over the world rise out of extreme poverty.
Our Mission, Vision, and Values
Our focus is working with women in high risk environments; Those in refugee camps, those living with HIV/AIDS, homeless women, displaced immigrants former slaves, or those in war-torn regions of the world. These mothers and daughters call out to us, and we must answer. By selling their handmade crafts and sharing their life stories, they reach out to the rest of the world, not for charity, but for a chance.
To contribute to the end of extreme poverty by enabling the world’s poorest people, women, to join the global economy through our home party network.
A world where everyone has the chance to prosper.
If 5 million women can sell 10 billion dollars of Avon products, imagine what 5 million women could do by selling crafts to improve the lives of the poorest people in the world.
- Empowerment of the world’s poor, especially women. Research shows that when a woman is empowered to support herself, the entire community benefits.
- Compassion for those suffering from extreme poverty; for those who do not have the capability to sustain themselves or their families.
- Partnership with capable, powerful women from around the world who, even in the midst of poverty, violence, terror and loss, are creating beauty and hope with their crafts.
- Fostering Community both here in the United States and in regions devastated by war, famine, disease and poverty.
- Commitment to sustainable development, fair trade and fair wages, training and support, long-term solutions and projects.
- Education about the true face of poverty, the similarities we all share as women, as people, and about the real ability to be part of the solution.
- Equality for women, both economically and socially, and for the people of the developing world who should have access to the same resources and opportunities as the developed world.
The legal name of our organization is RISING WORLD INC.
dba Rising International
Rising is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Tax ID: 26-0470721